- 'Tis the season… to be a bit passive aggressive.
- Photography from Ibiza, circa 1980. Hell yeah.
- Long-ish read, but really interesting: a historical look at mannequins and what they say about us.
Tonight I will be decorating my Christmas tree; I wonder if Ryan Gosling would come over and give me a hand…
I’m adding this to my Christmas wish list.
I soon as I get over this cold, which can only be accurately described as the-neverending-cold-that-is-ruining-my-life, I’m giving this look a try. Via Pinterest.
1. Getting to wear my new down jacket this week has been lovely. I’m not really minding this cold snap, I have to say!
2. Finishing my most recent novel in record time due to said cold.
3. Half-priced wine nights at Winebar means I get to try some amazing wines that are normally outside of my price range.
4. My high priced manicure from last Saturday just started chipping today. I guess it’s worth the price sometimes.
5. Because I’ve been sick I’ve been sleeping A LOT. I feel like I’m pretty much caught up.
6. Winning two tickets to Taco or No Taco… Thanks, Twitter! :)
7. A short work month :)
8. Stagette festivities last Saturday, which were oh so fun.
9. After a week and a half of not being able to work out, I made it to two barre classes this week.
10. Taking a week off from wearing makeup has been kind of great, time-wise.
One of the photos from an old box of slides that my dad took back in the 70s.
I don’t own a single clutch, but if I did, it would be this one.
The answer is yes, I did take an at-work bathroom selfie, but that’s because I still have one of those annoying swooshy IKEA mirrors. Don’t judge; I managed to crop out most of the toilet paper on the floor.
1. My new Lauren Bagliore Desiree dress, which can be worn in many different ways so that it’s many different dresses. I’ve worn it 3 times already this week (as above and the one-shoulder look for Wednesday’s ‘Twas the Night) and I’ll be wearing it again tomorrow toga-style for C’s bachelorette.
2. Meeting new and wonderful people who are, like, totally rad. ;)
3. Finding out where I can also get the baguette and butter that they serve at AVEC. I’m not sharing though, you’ll have to talk to the owner yourself.
5. The few days last weekend where I *didn’t* have a cold. :’(
6. Homemade sidecars: 1.5 oz Remy Martin VSOP cognac + 0.75 oz Cointreau + splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice; shake over ice, strain, and imbibe! (Hey, Metropolitan Grill - you might want to teach your bartenders this!)
7. Watching Pretty Woman for the first time in many many years. Now I know why my parents didn’t want me watching it when I was a kid.
8. $1 oyster Mondays at my second home, a.k.a., Winebar.
9. Working lunches for one at Notable.
10. Somebody else told the office loudmouth to STFU this week. :D