1. Max from Happy Endings is on The Mindy Project, guys!!
2. Mussels and cocktails and pinot blanc and more cocktails with T.
3. I keep convincing more people to attend Made With Love on Monday. (Seriously, are you guys all coming??)
4. Searching for makeup looks for Monday’s event!
5. I BBQ’d twice this week for lunch. Kinda rad.
6. Impromptu coffee dates.
7. I wore my hair curly most of the week and survived.
8. I’m not totally minding this cooler weather for a couple of days; there’s only so much +30 a northern Alberta girl can take.
9. I’m really getting back into gin and tonics thanks to baller gin and kick ass tonic.
10. Naps. Glorious.
Pop lip was the look for Made With Love 2013; 2014 is gonna be a makeup masterpiece!
- It’s Christmas in July, i.e., Made With Love Calgary, next Monday! This means cocktails, food, friends, and best of all: hair and makeup with the talented Meagan!
- I finally bought myself a case for my phone. That’s right, there are people out there who make cases for BlackBerrys! :D
- The Mindy Project is pretty much da bomb. There are a million and one cameos from some great actors from my favourite shows.
- I did a one-day roadtrip to Edmonton last week (waterpark!) and while I had fun (it’s impossible to not laugh while catching air on a waterslide), it made me appreciate Calgary even more.
- My friends are seriously the best. The best! <3
1. An entire late afternoon spent at the waterpark in WEM. OH YEAH.
2. The sidecar at oh-so-hipster Three Boars Eatery in Edmonton was epically amazing, as was the food.
3. The white wine sangria at Container Bar might just be my new fave… (sorry, O&A!)
4. Chance meetings with pretty cool out-of-towners who explained to me the meaning of tall glass, breezy, and bevro.
5. I split a large order of McDonald’s fries with J and they were really really good. Total memories of first year university and having dinner at McDs.
6. Sunday Night Dinner Series with awesome peeps.
7. Now that Stampede is over, men in Calgary are back to wearing suits. Suits > jeans.
8. Pulling a dress out of my closet that I wasn’t sure I really liked and realizing it’s all kinds of awesome.
9. Daily friend dates <3
10. Spending the afternoon at my old haunt, deVille. I missed you!
(Thanks to Jacqui for this epic photo!)
1. Getting to see Bryan Adams in concert with fabulous peeps in 30C weather!
2. Finally getting to catch up with B!
3. Losing my old shitty sunglasses, which allowed me to buy a new fabulous pair of pink-tinged aviators.
4. The hot hot days of summer.
5. Phone calls when you least expect them.
6. Shrimp orzo salad, morning, noon, and night.
7. I made it to spin class three days this week - w00t!
8. Afternoon pampering sessions at skoah.
9. Neighbourhood hipster haunt Container Bar is finally open! Bring your vinyl!
10. Only one more Stampede event and then I can clean my apartment, cook, and relax again! Yahoo!
Friendship is: leisurely lunches with tequila-spiked lemonade, listening to vinyl, and taking a walking tour with the puppies in Ramsay. Thanks, T! <3