1. An entire late afternoon spent at the waterpark in WEM. OH YEAH.
2. The sidecar at oh-so-hipster Three Boars Eatery in Edmonton was epically amazing, as was the food.
3. The white wine sangria at Container Bar might just be my new fave… (sorry, O&A!)
4. Chance meetings with pretty cool out-of-towners who explained to me the meaning of tall glass, breezy, and bevro.
5. I split a large order of McDonald’s fries with J and they were really really good. Total memories of first year university and having dinner at McDs.
6. Sunday Night Dinner Series with awesome peeps.
7. Now that Stampede is over, men in Calgary are back to wearing suits. Suits > jeans.
8. Pulling a dress out of my closet that I wasn’t sure I really liked and realizing it’s all kinds of awesome.
9. Daily friend dates <3
10. Spending the afternoon at my old haunt, deVille. I missed you!
(Thanks to Jacqui for this epic photo!)
1. Getting to see Bryan Adams in concert with fabulous peeps in 30C weather!
2. Finally getting to catch up with B!
3. Losing my old shitty sunglasses, which allowed me to buy a new fabulous pair of pink-tinged aviators.
4. The hot hot days of summer.
5. Phone calls when you least expect them.
6. Shrimp orzo salad, morning, noon, and night.
7. I made it to spin class three days this week - w00t!
8. Afternoon pampering sessions at skoah.
9. Neighbourhood hipster haunt Container Bar is finally open! Bring your vinyl!
10. Only one more Stampede event and then I can clean my apartment, cook, and relax again! Yahoo!
Friendship is: leisurely lunches with tequila-spiked lemonade, listening to vinyl, and taking a walking tour with the puppies in Ramsay. Thanks, T! <3
No reason for this gif except that it and Happy Endings rock.
1. Catching up with L over patio drinks after she was gone for an entire weekend. Don’t ever leave me again! :)
2. PACKWOOD GRAND. What an amazing experience!
3. I successfully wore the hell out of those candy striped platforms, until the end of the night when a rogue rock sent me stumbling. It was bound to happen.
4. Oh, a little city-wide festival called the Calgary Stampede starts today. Yahoo!
5. I successfully put on my own fake lashes. I still miss my makeup gal Meagan though (come back soon!).
6. I also successful pinned my hair up and it didn’t fall out. I’m learning, little by little :)
7. I’ve met some really cool people this week thanks to Stmpdr, Diner en Blanc, and Packwood Grand.
8. A leisurely stroll through Ramsay for a car2go proved to be absolutely gorgeous.
9. Spending Sunday evening with my mom and Wilma.
10. SUMMAHTIME. It was a long winter; let’s rock this summer!
Yesterday’s derby Packwood Grand was a fabulous day of fashion, friends, horse racing, and sunshine! I had such an amazing time and met some wonderful people; I cannot wait until next year’s event!