If only my hair could do this… Sigh. (Photo from here)
- Tomorrow I’m checking out the latest addition to Calgary’s nightlife scene: Bespoke. It’s members-only so this might be the first and last time I get to attend, so I’m going all out. Read: There might be glitter.
- This song is da bomb. Blogged 50 is the best playlist, like, ever.
- In preparation for my upcoming trip to Nashville (are we there yet?), I was watching a short documentary on Doug Seegers, a homeless musician who was discovered by a Swedish television crew. It’s totally fascinating and Doug is an amazing singer. Here’s hoping he’ll be back in Nashville when I visit!
- When I was younger, I was never able to understand why my parents weren’t as close to some of their friends as they were in their younger years. Today, I totally get it. After a lovely evening with a great friend who was out of the country for way too long, I wanted to send a shout out to all the real peeps in my life. I <3 you more than you can know.
1. After a LOT of time away from the kitchen, I started cooking again! Check out my fabulous pizza. I also made this, which was good. Next time I’m using soba noodles as a base.
2. I had my first week of work and it was wonderful.
3. My morning commute (40 minute walk through downtown) is an amazing way to start the day. If feels so great to be part of the buzz again!
4. An amazing 3-day visit with L&F.
5. The sun was shining this morning! (It’s not anymore. Sigh.)
6. Getting to wear some of my dresses that have been patiently waiting in my closet for me to get a new job.
7. FBOFW is online for your Saturday morning reading pleasure.
8. Ethnographic experiments with K.
9. I survived a week without naps! I might have to rectify that today though :)
10. All the wonderful people in my life. Love you. <3
The most gorgeous mid-length weaved dressed EVER, by Josh Goot.
At the Adults Only Night at Telus Spark… balloons and LEDs and wine!
Today is my last day of an extended funemployment stint. It’s been five and a half months filled with personal and professional growth, tons of friend dates, and many hours of plie-ing! As great as the break was, I’m super stoked to be heading back to work in a position that takes my career forward and will certainly challenge me. Especially the 6am wake up call.
1. Driving a car that has air conditioning. I love my 2002 Focus, but driving to interior BC and back in a plush car with climate control was pretty exciting. It’s the little things.
2. Catching up with family—many of whom I haven’t seen in months—over the past couple of weeks.
3. Sleeping in and naps.
4. Catching up with two really amazing friends this week over very leisurely lunch and dinner.
5. Outdoor waterslides. Enough said.
6. Leisurely sushi lunches for one.
7. I washed my windows yesterday and was shocked at how little time it took and how much it improved my morning routine (breakfast in the living room).
8. Homemade bread for breakfast is so good.
9. Great things happening for the wonderful people in my life makes me really really happy.
10. Gin cocktails are making me quite happy right now!